Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Elmo ST 1200

  1. #1
    Inactive Member megalith6's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2004
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi

    can somebody tell me please, which models of this projector had variable (as opposed to different) speed settings?

    there seem to be many models called Elmo ST 1200, some with fixed speed settings; others, you could select a fps setting then marginally increase or slow it?

    thanks

    Ric

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I might know the answer to this one!

    As I recall it, the GS versions, the GS 800 and GS 1200 had variable speed knob settings. Plus and minus 10% I think.

    However, the ST models might have an internal pot that adjusts the speed. I however I think I made the mistake of using a metal screwdriver (you'd think I'd know better) and I blew a fuse on the projector.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member megalith6's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2004
    Posts
    188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh thanks,

    i have managed to hacksaw and plier-away parts of the casing which were preventing my Chinon rheostat dropping beneath the 18fps, so 3 blade transfers on my projector are edging ever nearer; but the 1970's Chinon is pretty basic - you can hear the motor speeding up and slowing down fractionally, as it sees fit; ultimately, i need to get GS1200 or a Nizo projector, which maintain a constant speed, once set?

    many thanks

    Ric

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The GS-800 should be a bit cheaper, and it has that variable speed option as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •